We used pinterest to make a nice long heart garland for Valentine's day, but our tree just needed a little something more to bring out it's full potential. Here's my idea of a tree-topper that's super simple and easy!
- cardstock - I used red
- embroidery thread - I used white
- bulletin board and push pins
- glitter and other embellishments are optional!
Here's how to make your awesome heart tree topper:
- Cut out two hearts that are the same size. I just free hand drew a heart onto a piece of cardstock with a pencil, cut it out , and then traced that shape onto another piece of cardstock.
- Line up the hearts together and use pushpins to poke holes around the entire shape about 3/4 inch apart. You can of course vary the space between holes to your liking.
- If you choose to embellish, you may want to do so before sewing your hearts together. Depending on whether or not you use glue and stuff, the hearts may need some drying time before handling again. For my topper I mixed some mod podge with glitter and just lightly glazed one side of each heart.
- Sew the top half of your hearts together. I simply just used a blanket stitch to add a border around the whole thing. Then sew the same border around each bottom half of the heart. The idea is to keep the heart hollow so you can stick it onto the top of your tree.
Once you finish that last step you're done! Look at how simple, yet fabulous, your tree topper is!