I had a lot of unfortunate things happen to me during my coming-of-age years. I try not to dwell or take regrets because they have all attributed to the fabulous person I am today. I was that teenage daughter that every mother hopes not to deal with. Though I did not wind up pregnant until I was 20 (thank God), I had every other kind of ammo under my belt to turn my mother's hair pre-maturely grey.
Getting pregnant and giving birth to my daughter, Gaia, saved me from certain doom. She opened my eyes and gave me a reason to shape up. She taught me (and is till teaching me every day!) how to truly live and enjoy life. She's pretty awesome, my daughter, and I am grateful for her existence.
Her father and I were pressured into marrying in 2008 when she was 5 months old. We are no longer together, and although it sucks to be a divorcee at 25 we are still good friends and we make a pretty fabulous parenting team. Fortunately we managed thus far to be civil and remain within decent driving distance of one another so that Gaia can grow up with both of us as active members of her life.
My true love is Sir Hutch. No, he's not a Lord or Knight by official terms. He is my partner in crime, my plus one, my soulmate if you will. We're not really mushy to the public eye, but we can be pretty barf-worthy in the privacy of our own home. It's been that way for about four years now and, honestly, I don't even mind. We've been engaged since February of 2012 and we did plan to marry in October of 2013. However, in July of 2012 we found out we were pregnant (YAY!) and so the wedding may be postponed until I feel super sleek and sexy again. We shall see folks!
Here are some little facts about myself if that synopsis wasn't enough:
- I am a birth junkie. I was a midwife's assistant and a doula when Gaia was a wee babe.
- I am also into natural parenting (ie: breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, etc.).
- I am a total nerd and play video games every day.
- My favorite color is orange. My second pick would be an earthy, sage green. Not together though... not ever.
- I crochet, sew, and cook from scratch when my motivation isn't trying to play hide-n-seek.
- I go to school full-time online and am working on my Bachelor's in Education to become a middle school science teacher.
- I'm technically a licensed massage therapist, but that'll probably die out soon.
- I am way into mythology and theology alike.
- I have 5 tattoos, but only 4 piercings remain.
- I love to shop deals. Nothing pleases me more than saving money.
- I don't have a car, but I am licensed to drive if I had to.
- I really love anatomy and physiology. I collect skeletons.
- I could talk about menstrual cycles all day. Don't test me.
- I listen to all kinds of music. My favorite bands are Cat Power and Tool... weird I know.
- I'm really bad at endings and any form of "Good-bye."
And if you're still curious, here are some posts to keep you going:
- Firsts (December 2012)
- Speed Date in a Post (May 2012)
- Forward Momentum, a post about my ex-husband and I (February 2012)
- Happy Valentine's Day 2012, a post about Gaia and some stuff about Hutch
- 25 Random Facts About Me (February 2012)